arnab221
09-10 12:26 PM
ouch that is so ironic.... 'Equine Cruelty'?? What about 'immigrant cruelty'?
some of the priorities in this country are all screwed up...
That shows the on what priority we are on their list . We are below horse also :D
remember a Horse a US Citizen horse while you are not , so cruelty to a US citizen is always before cruelty to aliens .
Man sees a woman getting chased by a dog.When the dog is about to bite the woman,
the man intervenes and kicks the dog.
A reporter was seeing all this.He said "That was great.
I'll definitely publish this in newspaper.Tomorrow the headline will be
'LOCAL HERO SAVES LADY FROM A DOG'."
The man replied "Thank you, but I'm not from here.I am from US". Reporter " OK.
Then the headline will be
US CITIZEN SAVES WOMAN FROM A DOG".
Man: Actually, I live in US but I'm not a US citizen.
I'm a Pa****i national".
Next day, the headline in the paper read .... .... .... .... .... .... ........ .... .... .... .... .... .... .... ....
TERRORIST ATTACKS A LOCAL DOG
* This Joke is copied from the internet and in no way reflects my personal feelings . This is just for having some fun and cheering us up .
some of the priorities in this country are all screwed up...
That shows the on what priority we are on their list . We are below horse also :D
remember a Horse a US Citizen horse while you are not , so cruelty to a US citizen is always before cruelty to aliens .
Man sees a woman getting chased by a dog.When the dog is about to bite the woman,
the man intervenes and kicks the dog.
A reporter was seeing all this.He said "That was great.
I'll definitely publish this in newspaper.Tomorrow the headline will be
'LOCAL HERO SAVES LADY FROM A DOG'."
The man replied "Thank you, but I'm not from here.I am from US". Reporter " OK.
Then the headline will be
US CITIZEN SAVES WOMAN FROM A DOG".
Man: Actually, I live in US but I'm not a US citizen.
I'm a Pa****i national".
Next day, the headline in the paper read .... .... .... .... .... .... ........ .... .... .... .... .... .... .... ....
TERRORIST ATTACKS A LOCAL DOG
* This Joke is copied from the internet and in no way reflects my personal feelings . This is just for having some fun and cheering us up .
wallpaper Hellmo(Fluttershy)
clif
03-12 02:00 PM
BharatPremi,
So you gave up H1B and moved onto EAD? Is it because the new employer is not interested in H1B transfer or some other reason?
Also, my I140 was approved in 2006 and I1485 filed in July last year (both with a large, well-known company). If I change employers now and work using EAD, are there any major issues that can arise? Like furnishing of audit reports, etc?
So you gave up H1B and moved onto EAD? Is it because the new employer is not interested in H1B transfer or some other reason?
Also, my I140 was approved in 2006 and I1485 filed in July last year (both with a large, well-known company). If I change employers now and work using EAD, are there any major issues that can arise? Like furnishing of audit reports, etc?
gc_on_demand
11-14 03:19 PM
Not for us but for some one they will meet and discuss
http://judiciary.house.gov/hearings/calendar.html
If Zoe can bring this up then we may be able to push for HR 5882. Seems like no one is interested in HR 5882.
Come on ! some one from california should help us in this one.. Call Zoe's office and find out where we are on HR 5882.
http://judiciary.house.gov/hearings/calendar.html
If Zoe can bring this up then we may be able to push for HR 5882. Seems like no one is interested in HR 5882.
Come on ! some one from california should help us in this one.. Call Zoe's office and find out where we are on HR 5882.
2011 I love Fluttershy to death.
coolmanasip
03-10 01:05 PM
Change of employer does not imply your use of the AC21.....the rule does not require you to notify USCIS....so in many cases, if you do not notify them, it is likely that they will never know and approve your GC. But, if they issue an RFE and if your sponsoring employer gives you the offer for future job you should be okay..........you may only have to work for them for at least a little bit after you got your GC....
more...
Suva
11-11 12:57 AM
Good one...
PCS - What you are suffering from is known as PVBS (Post Visa Bulletin Syndrome). It is very common in Indian and Chinese community living in the US.
This condition stays with the patient/sufferer for 15 days or so and then disappears like a f*a*r*t in the wind. It is more likely to happen to those who fall under EB-2 category and especially those who are 6 months or so from priority date to be current. This condition keeps re-appearing till the patient gets green card and then it gives birth to another condition call PGCS (Post Green Card Syndrome). Typically, that condition lasts for 5 years till the patient gets US citizenship. There are some documented evidences that Amway and QuickStar have tried to fix this condition but medical community is yet to approve that.
Laughter is the only known cure of this condition. Returning back to home country can also cure this condition.
PCS - What you are suffering from is known as PVBS (Post Visa Bulletin Syndrome). It is very common in Indian and Chinese community living in the US.
This condition stays with the patient/sufferer for 15 days or so and then disappears like a f*a*r*t in the wind. It is more likely to happen to those who fall under EB-2 category and especially those who are 6 months or so from priority date to be current. This condition keeps re-appearing till the patient gets green card and then it gives birth to another condition call PGCS (Post Green Card Syndrome). Typically, that condition lasts for 5 years till the patient gets US citizenship. There are some documented evidences that Amway and QuickStar have tried to fix this condition but medical community is yet to approve that.
Laughter is the only known cure of this condition. Returning back to home country can also cure this condition.

alisa
01-27 08:16 PM
My simplistic model breaks down with this data.
With these numbers, the ROW backlog for 2002 should have cleared by now, but it hasn't. The Indian backlog should clear in a few years.
I guess, there is a reason why people don't model these things. The results are no better than pulling things outta thin air if there isn't sufficient data.......
Maybe USCIS needs computers more than we need visa numbers......
If there are any estimates on the number of applicants in the different years, we could try some math on it.....I had assumed 160K applicants for ROW in 2002, and from the numbers that andy provided, that backlog should have cleared in 2004.
Unless we are missing something really really big, things should start moving forward in a year or two. (Especially after USCIS learns about the amazing new invention called a 'computer')
As my lawyer says, in two to ten years, the PDs will be current.....
alisa
i hope that country caps are removed
i also hope it's not at your expense :-)
i don't see why people think these things are mutually exclusive
we all want the best to happen- for ourselves- and as much as we can help it
for everyone else too!!
great work on putting the data together, hopefully we can develop some concise sound bites to present to affected people and to lawmakers.
i do suggest that the final summary should show 3 examples
China EB2 and EB3
India EB2 and EB3
ROW EB3
this way everyone affected sees something about themselves
With these numbers, the ROW backlog for 2002 should have cleared by now, but it hasn't. The Indian backlog should clear in a few years.
I guess, there is a reason why people don't model these things. The results are no better than pulling things outta thin air if there isn't sufficient data.......
Maybe USCIS needs computers more than we need visa numbers......
If there are any estimates on the number of applicants in the different years, we could try some math on it.....I had assumed 160K applicants for ROW in 2002, and from the numbers that andy provided, that backlog should have cleared in 2004.
Unless we are missing something really really big, things should start moving forward in a year or two. (Especially after USCIS learns about the amazing new invention called a 'computer')
As my lawyer says, in two to ten years, the PDs will be current.....
alisa
i hope that country caps are removed
i also hope it's not at your expense :-)
i don't see why people think these things are mutually exclusive
we all want the best to happen- for ourselves- and as much as we can help it
for everyone else too!!
great work on putting the data together, hopefully we can develop some concise sound bites to present to affected people and to lawmakers.
i do suggest that the final summary should show 3 examples
China EB2 and EB3
India EB2 and EB3
ROW EB3
this way everyone affected sees something about themselves
more...
transpass
04-10 12:07 PM
Here are the details for last year and years before:
(Thanks to user "sangiano" on : link: FY2009 Visa Data, Spillover to EB2 - Will it be Similar FY2010 (http://www..com/usa-discussion-forums/i485-eb/498198953/fy2009-visa-data-spillover-to-eb2-will-it-be-similar-fy2010))
Employment Visas 2009
Total Employment Visas for FY2009 = 141,020
Theoretical values without spillover
EB1 28.6% = 40,332
EB2 28.6% = 40,332
EB3 28.6% = 40,332
EB4 7.1% = 10,012
EB5 7.1% = 10,012
Actual values with spillover
EB1 40,978 = 29.1% received c.650 spillup visa used
EB2 46,034 = 32.6% received c.5,700 spillover visas used
EB3 39,791 = 28.2% received c.550 less visas than quota
EB4 9,999 = 7.1% Zero spillup visas to give
EB5 4,218 = 3.0% c. 5,800 spillup visas to give
What is noteworthy is the fact that spillup/spillover visas were only available from EB5.
In addition, EB1 actually consumed spillup visas and did not contribute any spillover visas as a result.
This implies that the total spillover visas available to the 7% limited countries was only c.7,500. Since 5,800 came from EB5, less 650 used by EB1, this gives a subtotal of 5,150. In turn, this implies that there were only 7,500 - 5,150 = 2,350 as spillover from EB2-ROW. In the worst case the difference is entirely from EB5.
I think it gives food for thought and shows the difficulty of trying to second guess visa consumption in Categories that are always current. I accept it might be easier to get a handle on non-NIW EB2 because of the PERM data available for ROW.
I'm not sure why FY2010 would be much different, at least for EB1 spillover.
Additional notes from subsequent posts:
There was significant spillover in FY2007 because (based on 154,497 total EB visas) :
EB1 only used 26,806 out of a possible 44,186 available visas.
EB4 only used 4,794 out of a possible 10,969 available visas.
EB5 only used 793 out of a possible 10,969 available visas.
That gives a potential spillover of 33,731 visas to categories below EB1. In FY2007 that mostly went vertically to EB3.
There was significant spillover in FY2008 because (based on 162,949 total EB visas) :
EB1 only used 36,590 out of a possible 46,603 available visas.
EB4 only used 7,648 out of a possible 11,569 available visas.
EB5 only used 1,443 out of a possible 11,569 available visas.
That gives a potential spillover of 24,060 visas to categories below EB1. In FY2008 that all went to EB2.
The amount *was* smaller in FY2009 because (based on 141,020 total EB visas)
EB1 used 40,978 which was more than the available visas of 40,332 (i.e. it used some of the spillup from EB4/EB5).
EB4 used 9,999 out of a possible 10,012 available visas. (i.e it pretty much maxed out)
EB5 only used 4,218 out of a possible 10,012 available visas. (i.e. much higher than previous years)
That gives a potential spillover to EB2 of 5,161 visas, which is substantially lower than previous years.
This is all his analysis based entirely on historic data (no predictions here; just what has already happened). All credit of analysis goes to him. I never crunched a single number; I am just an "integrater" of the info. Please also note that now we have found out that the word "spillover" should actually be "fall across and down"
Hope this was the info you were asking for.
Thanks Kondur. That was a very good presentation of the numbers. I very much appreciate it.
Now,
1. Why did EB1 last year needed spillover visas, although it was current all the time? If a category is current, isn't that it has less demand than allocated numbers?
2. As per May bulletin, EB4 might need a cut off. So we cannot expect any spillover from EB4. So that is clear. Now the spillover chances are from EB5, EB2 ROW and EB1(?). I am including EB1 because, given the current economy over the past year, should there be a better possibility of more spillover from EB2 ROW and EB1 compared to last year?
3. Also why are the total EB numbers different in different fiscal years (e.g., 141020 in FY2009, 162949 in FY 2008 and 154497 in FY2007)? In FYs 2007 and 2008 did the extra visas come from Family based while it did not for FY 2009? If so, why is it so?
4. Based on Pending 485 data of March 2010, I barely see few hundred EB4s. And hardly considerable number of EB1s. What's going on? If we go by this data, we should be getting good chunk of spillover numbers...
http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Green%20Card/Green%20Card%20Through%20a%20Job/Employment%20Based%20I-485%20Pending%20Inventory-Total%203-8-2010.pdf
Thanks,
(Thanks to user "sangiano" on : link: FY2009 Visa Data, Spillover to EB2 - Will it be Similar FY2010 (http://www..com/usa-discussion-forums/i485-eb/498198953/fy2009-visa-data-spillover-to-eb2-will-it-be-similar-fy2010))
Employment Visas 2009
Total Employment Visas for FY2009 = 141,020
Theoretical values without spillover
EB1 28.6% = 40,332
EB2 28.6% = 40,332
EB3 28.6% = 40,332
EB4 7.1% = 10,012
EB5 7.1% = 10,012
Actual values with spillover
EB1 40,978 = 29.1% received c.650 spillup visa used
EB2 46,034 = 32.6% received c.5,700 spillover visas used
EB3 39,791 = 28.2% received c.550 less visas than quota
EB4 9,999 = 7.1% Zero spillup visas to give
EB5 4,218 = 3.0% c. 5,800 spillup visas to give
What is noteworthy is the fact that spillup/spillover visas were only available from EB5.
In addition, EB1 actually consumed spillup visas and did not contribute any spillover visas as a result.
This implies that the total spillover visas available to the 7% limited countries was only c.7,500. Since 5,800 came from EB5, less 650 used by EB1, this gives a subtotal of 5,150. In turn, this implies that there were only 7,500 - 5,150 = 2,350 as spillover from EB2-ROW. In the worst case the difference is entirely from EB5.
I think it gives food for thought and shows the difficulty of trying to second guess visa consumption in Categories that are always current. I accept it might be easier to get a handle on non-NIW EB2 because of the PERM data available for ROW.
I'm not sure why FY2010 would be much different, at least for EB1 spillover.
Additional notes from subsequent posts:
There was significant spillover in FY2007 because (based on 154,497 total EB visas) :
EB1 only used 26,806 out of a possible 44,186 available visas.
EB4 only used 4,794 out of a possible 10,969 available visas.
EB5 only used 793 out of a possible 10,969 available visas.
That gives a potential spillover of 33,731 visas to categories below EB1. In FY2007 that mostly went vertically to EB3.
There was significant spillover in FY2008 because (based on 162,949 total EB visas) :
EB1 only used 36,590 out of a possible 46,603 available visas.
EB4 only used 7,648 out of a possible 11,569 available visas.
EB5 only used 1,443 out of a possible 11,569 available visas.
That gives a potential spillover of 24,060 visas to categories below EB1. In FY2008 that all went to EB2.
The amount *was* smaller in FY2009 because (based on 141,020 total EB visas)
EB1 used 40,978 which was more than the available visas of 40,332 (i.e. it used some of the spillup from EB4/EB5).
EB4 used 9,999 out of a possible 10,012 available visas. (i.e it pretty much maxed out)
EB5 only used 4,218 out of a possible 10,012 available visas. (i.e. much higher than previous years)
That gives a potential spillover to EB2 of 5,161 visas, which is substantially lower than previous years.
This is all his analysis based entirely on historic data (no predictions here; just what has already happened). All credit of analysis goes to him. I never crunched a single number; I am just an "integrater" of the info. Please also note that now we have found out that the word "spillover" should actually be "fall across and down"
Hope this was the info you were asking for.
Thanks Kondur. That was a very good presentation of the numbers. I very much appreciate it.
Now,
1. Why did EB1 last year needed spillover visas, although it was current all the time? If a category is current, isn't that it has less demand than allocated numbers?
2. As per May bulletin, EB4 might need a cut off. So we cannot expect any spillover from EB4. So that is clear. Now the spillover chances are from EB5, EB2 ROW and EB1(?). I am including EB1 because, given the current economy over the past year, should there be a better possibility of more spillover from EB2 ROW and EB1 compared to last year?
3. Also why are the total EB numbers different in different fiscal years (e.g., 141020 in FY2009, 162949 in FY 2008 and 154497 in FY2007)? In FYs 2007 and 2008 did the extra visas come from Family based while it did not for FY 2009? If so, why is it so?
4. Based on Pending 485 data of March 2010, I barely see few hundred EB4s. And hardly considerable number of EB1s. What's going on? If we go by this data, we should be getting good chunk of spillover numbers...
http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Green%20Card/Green%20Card%20Through%20a%20Job/Employment%20Based%20I-485%20Pending%20Inventory-Total%203-8-2010.pdf
Thanks,
2010 ★My Little Pony : Friendship
pmb76
03-19 07:14 PM
Before EB2 moves faster, every EB3 guy will get a new LC and jump in to EB2 line. Then EB3 line will be little lighter and moves a little faster. Then people will start asking like this - "Can we go back to EB3 line ? Can we have 3rd EB3 LC ( like LC sells in walmart) and another 485 ?" . Pretty much everyone wants to have 2 LC , 2 I-140 and 2 I-485 at any time. That way whichever category moves faster they will beat the system.
Then we come to this forum and wonder why there is so much backlog or why USCIS is so slow ( my favorite one).
This madness has to stop !
I agree with you man. These screwed up desi consulting firms sell LCs like it is walmart. And people who work for them don't care about the position offered or their qualifications. They just want to have multiple LCs and I-140s and then cut the line when it is convenient.
Then we come to this forum and wonder why there is so much backlog or why USCIS is so slow ( my favorite one).
This madness has to stop !
I agree with you man. These screwed up desi consulting firms sell LCs like it is walmart. And people who work for them don't care about the position offered or their qualifications. They just want to have multiple LCs and I-140s and then cut the line when it is convenient.
more...
prioritydate
12-20 07:09 PM
Thanks for the clarification, Logiclife. I enter U.S in the first week of Feb, 2001. The economy was bad and I didn't manage to get a job. In fact, I didn't managed to get a job for a year. My then employer didn't revoked my H1B and the I-94 was valid until Oct, 2002. I didn't know that I was out of status till now. I don't remember seeing any section in I-485 form, asking for information about out of status. I did attach my previous H1-B approval notice(2000 -2002) while filing I-485. One thing I want to know is, did anyone got a query(RFE), asking to provide all W2 forms since their entry into this country? I am interested to know that.
Now I am really afraid. G-325 form has section to provide last 5 jobs. Since I had a gap, I didn't provide the details for the year 2001. I am royally screwed now! :(
Now I am really afraid. G-325 form has section to provide last 5 jobs. Since I had a gap, I didn't provide the details for the year 2001. I am royally screwed now! :(
hair ★My Little Pony : Friendship
sukhwinderd
02-21 06:27 AM
please let me know at 2011carpool@gmail.com if you are interested in car pool/hosting.
lets make it a grand success. dont wait till the last minute.
lets make it a grand success. dont wait till the last minute.
more...
rk78
06-11 05:23 PM
sent e-mail to AZ senators
hot My Little Pony: Friendship is
gckabayega
03-17 01:07 PM
Thanks
Porting from Eb3 to Eb2, at first glance looks like advantageous to remained lot of EB3 as it seems to be shortened the queue but one factor spilling over from ROW to EB2 first w.r.t EB3 kills that "virtual" advantage proprtionately (if not 100%).
Porting from Eb3 to Eb2, at first glance looks like advantageous to remained lot of EB3 as it seems to be shortened the queue but one factor spilling over from ROW to EB2 first w.r.t EB3 kills that "virtual" advantage proprtionately (if not 100%).
more...
house My Little Pony: Friendship is
mrdelhiite
07-23 03:47 PM
485 is not for employer, its for employee. AOS.
If you don't submit, they'll ask you as RFE.
Please do not scare anybody with half knowledge.
All you can say politely is there might be a chance instead of rejected.
Have some dignity.
""Have some dignity."" ??? just read the replies below your reply.
If you don't submit, they'll ask you as RFE.
Please do not scare anybody with half knowledge.
All you can say politely is there might be a chance instead of rejected.
Have some dignity.
""Have some dignity."" ??? just read the replies below your reply.
tattoo My Little Pony: Friendship is
bang
10-16 10:42 AM
Please participate in EB3 PollSee my details in Signature
more...
pictures My Little Pony Basic Figure
ingegarcia
02-15 04:40 PM
What is the current % of India/China folks in USA now that threaten to affect diversity ? Also how many (% ) from Italy,Ireland,UK etc ?
Anything published ? Just curiosity ( not questioning any current laws )..
Agree and this is why they are trying to stop illegal immigration from latin american countries.
BTW I am from latin america but I am not illegal :)
Anything published ? Just curiosity ( not questioning any current laws )..
Agree and this is why they are trying to stop illegal immigration from latin american countries.
BTW I am from latin america but I am not illegal :)
dresses My favorite is Fluttershy.

lost
02-24 09:09 AM
Anyone from KY attending the event?
more...
makeup Like, Fluttershy with one hoof
veerug
07-04 12:31 AM
I have great respect for some of the core members i know. They have done lot of work to make this forum successful. But i always think that you can increase participation if you make things more clear and take comments in a positive way.
I am sure many guest members or other frequent visitors to IV website get the impression that there is always a fund drive for something or the other on the IV Website homepage and there is always a target amount which never seems to be met.
I understand that there are expenses to maintain the website etc, but here we are talking about fund drive for lawsuit. Sometimes I wonder what will happen if you can not collect $5000 so will you wait to file a lawsuit until you collect $5000? May it will be too late then. What if you collect only say $4000? How do you decide these arbitrary numbers?
Are you planning for a separate litigation from that of AILF? How will you complement the effort by AILF with money?
Hey, who am I to ask these questions! These are some of the questions on behalf of hundreds of members who need to know more to actively participate to make it a success. There is no reason you should take it in a negative way.
Veeru
I will sleep less stupid tonight!!
I am sure many guest members or other frequent visitors to IV website get the impression that there is always a fund drive for something or the other on the IV Website homepage and there is always a target amount which never seems to be met.
I understand that there are expenses to maintain the website etc, but here we are talking about fund drive for lawsuit. Sometimes I wonder what will happen if you can not collect $5000 so will you wait to file a lawsuit until you collect $5000? May it will be too late then. What if you collect only say $4000? How do you decide these arbitrary numbers?
Are you planning for a separate litigation from that of AILF? How will you complement the effort by AILF with money?
Hey, who am I to ask these questions! These are some of the questions on behalf of hundreds of members who need to know more to actively participate to make it a success. There is no reason you should take it in a negative way.
Veeru
I will sleep less stupid tonight!!
girlfriend Fluttershy. Good voice acting.
Jaime
09-10 03:53 PM
By the way, here's a funny (and sad but true) anecdote. I had already been on H1-B status with my current employer for over a year when I engaged HR to start my green card/adjustment of status process. The answer I got from the HR person was "Oh, sorry, but we don't sponsor"...I was frozen! Did not know whether to laugh or cry out loud! "But dear, you already have sponsored me!" I told the poor lady.....
Funny? Pathetic? WE NEED TO FIX THIS! AND THIS STARTS AT OUR RALLY IN WASHINGTON! LET'S ALL GO!!!!!
Funny? Pathetic? WE NEED TO FIX THIS! AND THIS STARTS AT OUR RALLY IN WASHINGTON! LET'S ALL GO!!!!!
hairstyles I tried my best.
sirinme
10-21 02:45 PM
I just sent mine.
- sirinme
- sirinme
pcs
11-16 11:13 PM
send polite but firm letters to....
Cut and paste the rule from the thread to educate him and other...
Alejandro Mayorkas
Director USCIS
20 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington DC 20529
After sending letters ... post it on this thread... I have sent 4 letters on behalf of my 4 family members....
Make the noise NOW ... so that they will have REASONS to release the unused VISAs on 8th DECEMBER......
Cut and paste the rule from the thread to educate him and other...
Alejandro Mayorkas
Director USCIS
20 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington DC 20529
After sending letters ... post it on this thread... I have sent 4 letters on behalf of my 4 family members....
Make the noise NOW ... so that they will have REASONS to release the unused VISAs on 8th DECEMBER......
nirenjoshi
01-18 10:09 AM
In addition, only 2 out of the 100 pages have any useful content. Most of the posts are attitude problems.
Just signed up for $20/month..
Subscription#S-8CN546654G0240130
Just signed up for $20/month..
Subscription#S-8CN546654G0240130

No comments:
Post a Comment